View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-01-11, 12:36

She's been great in some stuff, not so great in others. A lot of her work has relied on her pretty face more than her acting skills (Miss Congeniality, I'm looking at you!). Speed was good, but a bit too far-fetched. If you look at her Filmography on Wikipedia, there's not a lot there that jumps out. The Blind Side was excellent, and don't get me started on Minions!

But, let me tell you, The Unforgivable is one of those once-in-a-lifetime acting performances that truly resonates (like Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump) where the lead just becomes the role. Seriously, when I went to bed last night I was still thinking about the plot twist and how well it was pulled off and how well Sandra Bullock sold it*. I loved it!

* This is one of those times where I'm not even going to post a spoiler, because I don't think this movie can be enjoyed if one knows the outcome. I seriously found myself rooting for all the parties, because all of them had ground to stand on. And then it all went flippidy-do and I was

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)