View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-12, 04:11

Okay! Now this episode was more of what I was expecting/hoping for. Very enjoyable, things progressed, things were learned, etc. If the remaining installments are like this, it'll be a fun watch.

Lots of cool things in this episode.

But first...Stephen Root? Danny Trejo?!

Things are falling into place. Boba will have some powerful allies as he goes up against that syndicate.

Best episode of the bunch, so far.

And when I saw him lying in the bacta tank (signifying another flashback), this one was a good one...brief, but powerful (and I wasn't expecting that). It was actually kinda sad/moving. But then it lurched back to present day in quite an unexpected way.

"Rawwwwwrrrr...".

The Wookiee was named, and it's the one from the other media he's been in, so that'll please many.

And who knew rancors could be so cuddly?

That teenage gang, with their 50's-colored bikes, seemed a skootch out of place and "huh?", but I can overlook that. They kept focusing on the young lady, so I assume a) she's going to play a larger, more important role, and/or b) she's already an established character in comics/novels/video games? Again, I'm more of a casual, movie-only fan, so I'm not going to recognize characters outside of that.

That nighttime shot of Mos Espa was very pretty.

Fennec had more dialogue/presence in this one, it seemed like. She didn't scowl the entire time, which was a nice change-up. Damn, she's fine.

Robert Rodriguez directed, and Jon Favreau wrote.

Lots of nice callbacks/references throughout...Jabba, the rancor, etc.

The speeder/motorcycle chase through Mos Espa seemed a bit by-the-numbers, but it was nice to see some more scenery/areas, so, again, I can overlook the sketchy CGI and "they're going kinda slow for a chase" aspect. Those colorful bikes do look out of place with all the other surroundings and tech. Nothing else there is that bright/vivid. But, to me, that's a very George Lucas/hotrod nod or callback, something that blatantly 1950's/early 60's (Terry the Toad and his Vespa in American Graffiti, etc.).

I have a feeling that big grouchy monkey is going to return and be a help/ally to Boba. They left on good terms, despite their earlier brawl.

Danny Trejo always pops up in stuff. I've actually been wondering all along, when he would...Robert Rodriguez and all. That's one of his go-to guys.

No complaints here. This was a solid, enjoyable episode that moved along nicely. This was what I was expecting, and I hope this is the style/pace it maintains, now that we're seeing who all the players are shaping up to be.

Feels great to not feel the way I did the past two Wednesdays. Yay! Only positive ink spilled this week...

PS - I loved the brief, incidental jetpack scene. No big fuss, etc. It's just how he arrived on the scene. Very cool, Boba dropping into frame like that. Because of all the setup in The Mandalorian, a lot of time and "look at this" isn't needed; you know now, as a viewer, Mando and Boba (and Bo-Katan and her bunch) just get around with this tech. That was a neat touch.