View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-19, 10:38

That’s very true. 10-15 years ago It all seemed so fresh and exciting - those Raimi Spidey movies, the first two Nolan Batflicks and 2008’s Iron Man.

We truly had no idea just how lame and shitty all those could become (or lead to), just a short decade or so later.

We were so innocent and trusting.

I’m over/had it with superhero comic movies, Marvel and DC. The former said all it needed and gave the world all the top tier ones people genuinely care about. Now they’re scraping the barrel and trying to make movies about anyone who ever appeared in an issue of a comic. No thanks.

And the latter? Those guys never even got off the ground…their wheels never left the runway, starting with Man of Steel. They’ve botched it all. They’re already reboooting/resetting characters, delaying certain sequels, canceling others, etc.

If I never see another caped three-point-landing again, I’ll be just fine. I can’t keep going back to that tired-ass well. They’re not even well-written, once you set aside your overall excitement and look at them objectively the way you would any other movie not centered around costumed superheroes. I need more than fan-service, quips and “set pieces”…and that’s all most of these things are, to varying degrees.

I’m out. THWIPPP! KA-RAANNG! KER-SPLATTT!!!

PS - “Eternals will return…” my ass. No they won’t. That’s some Marvel exec on drugs.