Thread: Pets v.2
View Single Post
gjas15

2005-08-10, 05:12

Here's my dog: (Cody)

He is 12 I believe; I don't really know since I got him from the humane society, but on most days he still acts like a puppy. Most of my friends consider him to be hyper-active... Boy are they wrong! When we first got him there was no stopping this dog; (I don't think he even slept) he'd run around the yard all day barking at birds and the slightest gust of wind. If I turned our sprinklers on he'd try to pin the head down and drink out of it (I would spend hours making him run from one end of the yard to the other by turning the sprinklers on and off ) Also, he would chase his tail around for 10-15 minutes at a time, without stopping (well maybe except to change direction) funniest thing to see since his tail is all curled up onto his butt. Hes a spitz mixed with something, don't know what for the same reason we don't know his exact age.

He was also one the worst behaved dogs, considering he was two. He would chew on furniture, "marked" said furniture, dart out the door and bolt down the street (stopped that after we was hit by a car, took him long enough to figure out "cars bad" ), bite, and make me clean dog snot off of glass doors... but then again that was well worth it.

Figured he was abused by the way he acted around people for the first year or two. I'm not really surprised though, his previous owners probably just got too frustrated trying to keep up with him so just hit him until he'd stop. It took a few good smacks on the nose every once-in-awhile, but I got him whipped into shape and couldn't imagine life without him now.

Then there are my parents two dogs, Norman and Ali repectively.

Norman is a cockapoo (cockerspaniel + poodle). I believe he is 14, poor old guy can't control himself if you know what I mean. If he's feeling spry (or had a pain pill for his joint pain) don't get too close to the ground or he'll try to french you

Ali is 50/50 Rot/Lab. She looks like a Rot but is the sweetest dog on the planet. For being a Rot, she is the most skidish dog I have ever seen. If someone just raises there voice whether it be in anger or laughter she'll go hide under the nearest table.

We used to have a purebred greyhound that gave Ali a run for her money in the sweet dog department. He passed away about 6 months ago from skin cancer. Id post a pic but I cant find one at the moment.

Last edited by gjas15 : 2005-08-10 at 05:27.