View Single Post
addabox
Veteran Member

2011-09-27, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
But it hits all the checkboxes for wayward LOST viewers! All we need now is a crazy dude that we won't meet until Ep. 4 that knows everything ala Linus and oh my god it's the son and why does everything have to be rehashed and are there no original ideas anywhere in the land of the who and the home of the what and

Regardless, DINOSAURS EATING PEOPLE.
It's true. I'll watch again. I was cheered by the somewhat grisly depiction of one of those slash tail guys chomping away on a kid's foot. If they can up the dino carnage I'll ignore the writing. Also some hot babes that aren't 16. Also would it kill them to do something with the whole alternate time stream thing? They just flat out said it-- the probe they sent back was around in modern times (which is stupid but that's the premise) so the time portal whatever must be opening onto an alt past (has there ever been a big SciFi setup so casually tossed out?) Which means nothing has to be like "our" historical ideas about the period. There could be aliens. Ancient civilizations. Freaky beasts what we have never seen. Alt cosmology.

I fear that the only reason it was even mentioned is to keep nerds from wondering about butterfly effect shit, and it'll never come up again. Dino chomping and babes notwithstanding, they'd best show me something strange or unexpected or big mystery-ish pretty soon (and crazy son scribbling on rocks isn't going to cut it) or I'm out. How about some colonists that overshot badly and showed up quite a while back, who have had some number of years to build their civilization?

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated