View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-12-09, 16:00

Eureka! I think I may be on to something here.

After dumping most of my weekend into writing and debugging this dumb little program, I think it's actually reading and writing biomes within the 1.13-format Anvil region files.

Using the same example region as before, I exported this biome information as a color image:

I then opened it in an image editor, redrew the south-east corner to look like this, which I then I fed back into my program:

And... then I reopened the world in minutor and flipped to biome view to see that it seems to be working:

eeeeee!

If the colors look similar to mine, that's to be expected! I'm pretty sure we stole our color palette from the same source.

The replaced region file loads and plays in Minecraft itself (locally, not on our server yet), and I haven't been able to find anything missing or broken yet. That's a good sign! So, I might start taking occasional requests for biome changes, say, if 709 or Ken are hungry for any nearby adjustments.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.