View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-09, 23:50

Aaaaaand we just finished Episode 5.

I have this take:

1) The Mandalorian is still a dude trying to survive in the galaxy. He has to work, eat money, feed the kids …

2) Tatooine!

3) When he walked into the cantina, I think I might have cried a tear or three.

4) Things seem to have slowed down a bit in that once bustling spaceport.

5) I loved all the throwback stuff. The droids, the hanger, the cantina, the little sand-rat things, the raiders, the speeder bikes, the impaled Storm Troopers …

6) Not sure I agree with Brad about it being filler. I think this episode was done specifically to set up the cliffhanger, which

7) HOLY CRAP ZONES IT'S BOBA FETT! I mean, the cape, the jingling spurs, the boots. Who the hell else is that gonna be*? Clearly this is supposed to allude to someone big within the universe or they would have just showed his face and we all would have said, yeah, that sounds right. I mean, there is no character in 5 episodes that has given us any kind of "aha" moment of thinking they might show up all "suuuuu-prize!" No, that's Boba Fett. And the internet is gonna go all batty this coming Friday. I mean, there is time for one more episode before the big Episode IX launch at midnight of the 19th/20th, and there has to be some crazy trigger to get all us Star Wars nerds all psyched up for what may be the biggest disappointment in movie history—no, no that was Episode VIII—the second biggest disappointment in movie history. Yes, that is Boba Fett or I'll eat my keyboard some chocolate ice cream (hey, I'm not eating my keyboard, and if I'm gonna make a promise it may as well taste good! )

Damn. I won't be able to watch #6 until Sunday or Monday. This no-binging-for-you thing for us early adopters is getting annoying!

P.S. I do believe it's time for us to begin referring to these things as #1, #2, #3, etc. "Episode X" is starting to get a bit confusing, what with the rebellion and all.

*Or it could be Indiana Jones.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)