View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-17, 00:36

Just finished Number 6!

Man, I love this series. It is an on-going, super fun trip to nowhere! I think this episode was more meaningless than number 5, and yet it was just flat out fun. Kind of like Star Trek, maybe, but with the knowledge that it's maybe possibly going somewhere … someday. I love that this galactic bad-ass has such a killer reputation, but his encounter with Force McFrog has somehow tamed him just a bit. He's willing to show mercy, even to the people who intentionally cross him, while simultaneously wrecking everything he touches. It's just brilliant good fun!

And that ending! Oh, so clever. Sneaky little metal man, let me tell you. "They're sending out a star fighter." Oh, the timing!

Gotta love the humor, too. It's just so cleverly disguised and unforced. Whether it's the way McFrog acts like a real child, or the bafoonery of the bad guys, or that little McFrog thinking he just blasted a droid to pieces and then looking at his hand all surprised. Very rich and properly crafted. It's not that "This is such a drag" crap from the prequels, or the red arm C-3PO garbage from the [postquels? epiquels?]. It's just light and good, well timed, and we just know that Mando is smiling beneath his helmet, laughing at his own schtick!

Question: How can the same company that gave us Episode XIII gives us this brilliant show?

Also, this time I stayed for the credits and had a solid listen to the ending soundtrack, and, yeah, there's some Rocky in there.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)