Thread: PS5 Reveal
View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2020-06-22, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Their new ARM chips may be efficient, but they can't compete with Sony and MS on power, and they don't have Nintendo's game design prowess either.
I've heard that before, most recently from people who said the Mac Pro could never abandon Xeon chips. Until they did today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
They have already tried bringing mobile games to the living room with the Apple TV and it hasn't worked that well. Apple Arcade is neat but they don't seem to promote it much. Apple simply doesn't care about gaming, never has, and doesn't have the patience and desire to support a robust gaming platform on any of their hardware.
If they're not promoting it, they're waiting on something to fall into place.
This isn't like the 90's where Apple was afraid of the Mac being called a gaming toy.

An Apple TV is US$199, and a PS5 is will be at least twice that. The Apple I know doesn't leave money on the table. They seem to have their hands full with the Mac transition, and I think for that reason they won't enter the market right away. But they can likely compete - both with power and game design - with Nintendo already, and with Sony and Microsoft in due time.