View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-31, 21:04

I think a huge part of it is kids - every one I know (my niece and nephew, the kids of any woman I've dated the past 15+ years, the kids of my friends and co-workers, etc.). - tend to get candy (and toys) all the damn time. It's just not that novel or special to so many now.

When I was a kid in the 70's, it was a treat. It was special. Our parents, and those of everyone I knew, weren't buying candy bars, sweets, gum, treats, snack cakes, etc. every single time they went to the grocery store.

And let's be honest...if I had my own little connected phone in my pocket in 1977, with all the games, titties, funny memes, social media/talking with my friends 24/7, etc. I could stand, I probably wouldn't want to go slogging around in the cold night air for shit that was already in my kitchen either!

Toss in COVID (and the reluctance of many to have close contact with strangers for hours) and this year falling on a school night...I'm really not surprised nobody showed up. I saw no crowds in the big subdivision across the street from me, which, in years past, has been a complete zoo and trick-or-treater Coachella.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-10-31 at 21:37.