View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2021-11-28, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
The board I used to run had a distinction between political news and other news, and… well… in practice, it didn't help much. (Catpella might have a thing or two to say about that.)
I mean, on the one hand, it was useful because if you weren't a mod, you could ignore that entire section and not have to deal with that shit. On the other hand, people would get toxic in there to each other or they'd post things in regular that needed to be moved on over... days I don't miss.

OTOH, I do see the point about "clicking into this thread to find bad and depressing news can be bad and depressing", and I don't think having 2 threads is a huge burden of mind. Like, I see a difference between "moron offs themself" and "guy who commits crime by running down pedestrians" and I could definitely see having mass casualty events like shootings and attacks in a thread of its own for truly horrible incidents. Or one of my Discord servers runs a Positivity thread where we just put funny and heartewarming stories, as a bread from the bad stuff.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder