View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-09-25, 15:13

So at the title suggests I'm looking to have a specific playlist in iTunes play to an AirPlay speaker at a specific time. Like every Monday at 8AM play/shuffle the "case of the Mondays" playlist to the iHome speaker.

I'm sure there is some wizardry I can build with Automator or even AppleScript but maybe I'm over-thinking this and there is a really simple solution that I'm just not thinking about. I have Macs that are running 24/7 and old 1st Gen iPad minis (iOS 9) that are available for specific duty such as this.

I'm not interested in buying a HomePod right now, though someday maybe. I don't have an old Airport Express or Extreme available for AirPlay 2 right now either. Well, maybe I have the Extreme, but I don’t know where it is and think I donated it already.

I do have Plex that also has the same library available to it and can use Plex for the audio source instead if that has better options.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.