View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-22, 19:00

I think forward to just one short year from now - the week leading up to Thanksgiving 2021 (assuming, of course, that bastard virus hasn't killed half the planet and whoever's left is playing Road Warrior in the desert) - and I like what crosses my mind.

I think easily by this time next year, we'll have just about every Mac most people actually care about/buy/use (the entire MacBook Pro and iMac lines, and maybe even Rev. B updates to the stuff unveiled the other week?) all doing their thing to everyone's liking. They knocked out the easier, consumer-friendly things first for various reasons, but you know they're not going to put out iMacs or the upper-end 13" MBP (or 16" model) that are, in any way, less-than to what's shipping now.

You know good and well they've got crazy, scary stuff running in their labs as we speak, and they can't wait to put it out into the world in the coming 12 months.

They would not even be doing this if they knew the leaps weren't going to be huge, especially for those looking to drop $1,500-3,000 (or more) on a Mac.

We've just scratched the surface and my confidence, and anticipation, is through the roof. They're not going to go through all this effort, and waste their time, for "yeah, well it's a little better than the current iMacs and 16" MacBook Pro...".

No.