View Single Post
stevegong
www.stevegongphoto.com

Send a message via AIM to stevegong Send a message via Skype™ to stevegong 
2004-07-21, 11:14

Thank you all very much...

Well, I am 90% sure the hard disk spindown is hardware related. Else I don't know what else I could possibly do to fix it:
http://forums.applenova.com/showthre...sing+hard+disk

The problem drove me crazy, and I actually did a fresh install of panther with nothing on it, and it still wouldn't correctly spin down. I tried to log out, and it wouldn't keep itself in spun down mode either. i don't think there is anything I can possibly do to solve the hard disk problem....I'm at my wits end.

As I've said, it works about 70% of the time, so I can't really boot it off the installer and hope the problemm will come on. The trackpad is really annoying especially when I'm on the go and can't bring a mouse with me.

I've tested with Apple Hardware Test CD but it reported no problems. I don't think it's a full and comprehensive test though.

I'm thinking my problem might be related to the powermanager somehow, just a feeling... Since resetting the power manager sometimes temporarily fixes the trackpad deal, and it sounds logical that the hard disk spin is related to power management. Is the power manager actually a physical part of the logic board?

Thanks to all.