View Single Post
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-07-21, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegong
Well, calling Apple to have them send a box over costs $50 doesn't it when you're out of the 90 day free call service time?
Not if you have a definite hardware defect that gets repaired under a 1 year warranty. With a problem like yours, that's hard to observe, it might apply....
Quote:
Another problem I have is that some keys on my keyboard have flaked off. Now, this is the second keyboard that Apple has sent me...I'd like to know if coming in with multiple problems, will Apple just say I damaged my computer by myself or something?
Probably not. The only time an Apple employee will deny warranty coverage due to you damaging your computer, is if it shows somewhat obvious signs of being dropped, having grape juice spilled on the keyboard, etc.
Quote:
Brad, excuse me then, I just felt pretty helpless about my problem, since I have a gut feeling Apple will just turn me away and say it's not a problem.
Well, they probably will do just that, if they can't reproduce your problem. An Apple Store, with the opportunity to actually work with the tech in person, is probably your best bet.