View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-29, 08:54

Well, in my mind the White House is right in protecting it's seal. It's kinda one of those issues where even if the person isn't liked, it isn't the person as much as the position. That seal is an indication of the head of the Executive branch.

By the shear nature of the position it should be protected. It doesn't mean they can't run their parodies and bash the person using free speech. I thought the address was funny actually, but I don't think the seal should be used.

As when Clinton was in office and I was active military service. I would have taken a bullet for the President (heck now that I'm out of service and a civilian again I would do the same still). Not for Clinton, but for his position. I personal liked very little Clinton did in office, but I would protect the office itself.

In the same way I feel the seal should be protected. It would be the same as me putting an Apple logo on a home built PC and selling it under the impression that it is an Apple computer/product.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.