View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-12-04, 11:34

So this is tangentially related to the topic... my girlfriend's order at Starbuck's is (wait for it) a tall soy white mocha with no whip, no foam, and stirred.

Sounds like a very long and complicated order, but she explained to me that it's really just her telling the barista how to make a mocha properly. It's a soy mocha, so it should naturally follow that she wants to avoid dairy, yet in many cases they will still ask if she wants whipped cream (or occasionally will add it without even asking!), so she has to specify anyway (she doesn't actually have to avoid dairy, she just doesn't like whipped cream). No foam is sort of a personal preference but she's also had the experience of getting way too much foam in her mocha when there should only be a thin layer on top. And stirred is just because, in many cases, the white mocha syrup doesn't get mixed in very well and causes the drink to start out too bitter and end up too sweet.

Oh and I found this gem:

http://www.ihatestarbucks.com/bb/topic.php?id=1027

Favorite one is the "Cappuccino with no foam with the extra space in cup instead of foam."