View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-07, 12:43

Now that I've had some time to experiment and configure, lets talk Bukkit commands!

I've installed a few plugins to keep things interesting. Just as before, I may add more if I find some that I think we'd enjoy. Maybe we'll add warping or multiple worlds. We'll see. Here's a summary of what we have today:
  • Essentials (Core) is a mixed bag of utility commands.
    • /hat lets you wear a fancy hat.
    • /time gives you the in-game world time so you don't have to carry a watch.
    • /afk toggles your AFK display. Unfortunately, this does not simulate being in bed like it used to.
    • /compass tells you which way you're facing.
    • /depth tells you how deep you are in the world.
    • /getpos tells you where you are in the world.
    • /help lists the commands available to you.
    • /mail lets you send and read mail. You can send messages to people offline using mail.
    • /msg <player> <message> (or /tell, /m, /t, or /whisper) sends a private message to another player.
    • /r <message> (or /reply) replies to the last person who sent you a private message.
    • /nick <name> lets you give yourself a nickname. Nicknames are always preceded by ~ when displayed.
    • /realname <nickname> lets you see the real name of someone from their nickname.
    • /suicide kills you.
    • /back warps you back to where you last died. Good for fetching your loot or exacting vengeance on your killer.
  • Essentials (Economy) provides a basic economy if we want to have one. We can also set up ways to *buy* items from the server (think rarities like glowstone or quartz), but we'll deal with that later.
    • /balance or /bal shows your server-wide bank account balance.
    • /worth shows how much the item in your hand is worth if you were to sell it to the server.
    • /sell <item> <amount> sells items from your inventory back to the server for a cash deposit into your account.
    • /repair repairs the item in your hand in exchange for a flat $100 (regardless of item type or damage amount) from your bank account.
  • LWC lets you protect your things so no one else can go through them. Protected chests and doors have the added benefit of being indestructible by anyone but you.
    • /cprivate locks a chest or door so only you can open it.
    • /cpassword <password> sets a password lock on a chest or door that must be entered to open it.
    • /cpublic sets a permission on a chest or door so anyone can open it and no one can use /cprivate or /cpassword on it, effectively identifying it as a shared/community resource
    • /cremove removes one of the above protection types if you have access to it.
    • /climits shows you how many protections you have left.
  • WorldEdit has a bunch of creative-style commands, but I'm only exposing these two to repair damage.
    • /fixwater <radius> fixes water flows in the radius around you. Good for patching surface currents over deep water.
    • /fixlava <radius> fixes lava flows the same way.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.