View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-10-26, 14:32

I have figured out a way to make a Nether safe rail system that will keep pigmen from spawning on the tracks.

The pigmen don't spawn on the glass but do spawn on the stone even though there are tracks down. Basically, if you can put a track on it they can spawn on it. So put a layer of glass one block above the track. You can't walk through it and they can't spawn because there is no room. However, you can't suffocate in glass and the cart goes right under it. This means you travel with no baddies in the way. Feel free to test it out for yourself. I did this with admin powers for that sake of speed. It's near the portal by main spawn heading to the village. I'm not sure who's portal is right by this, but if you head to the village you will see this.

It's just for design concept, not polished at all. Obvious improvements can be made.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.