View Single Post
Ominx

2006-04-11, 09:42

As I said, my MBP had the moo too. It makes sense that it's a fan hitting something. For me, it is most definitely the right side fan. If I put my ear up to the bottom right hand side of the keyboard I can hear it perfectly (haven't been able to get a good recording though). But now I also realized, only the left fan ever turns on...never the right side. I'm having a feeling this is because it is trying to spin up, but because it is being restricted, it spins down as a safety measure to protect the motor. There has to me some sort of resistance limit set on the fan motor right.

I really never though anything of the moo...but now I'm a bit more concerned.

Edit:

After reading some more posts and studying this picture (http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/ha.../Image14.html), it seems there are two possibilities.

1.) The fan is hitting a wire (it doesn't look like it could be hitting the case)

2.) Because the right fan is located so closely to the thermostat, it is possible it is cooling it quickly...really quickly, causing the fan to only spin up for less than a second and the shutting down. This repeats until it is actually cooled down.

If #2 is indeed the problem, I'm guessing a firmware update could fix this.

Last edited by Ominx : 2006-04-11 at 10:03.