View Single Post
Taskiss
Veteran Member

2009-02-13, 09:03

I think it's a great idea.

Microsoft has hardware in folks home that can make a kick ass home entertainment system if they'd just get out the word and put some feet on the ground where it matters - in the customer's back yard (so to speak).

Their XBox going straight to my TV (not really MY TV, but there are a ton of them out there, and I HAVE bought one for my kids - they have it at their apartment now), the multiple systems in every home, just throw in a TV tuner card, a TON of documentation and training, and you'd have the premier home entertainment infrastructure that nobody could touch.

That's IF they could get their head out of their butt. Where's their Time Machine clone? Where's their Apple TV capability on their XBox, streaming media and interacting with all the home PC's? Where's the "WinTunes" app that ties all the media together in one library structure? Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this? oops! sorry, got kinda carried away there...

I hear that some of it's there, sorta, kinda, but sheesh! As a geek, I should be slapped in the face with "how-to's" galore. I should be hiding from all the info they should be throwing at me...

real hackers don't use sigs