View Single Post
kdcny

2009-03-18, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
After a bit more research, looks like Flash will be available for the Palm Pre sometime by the end of the year.
I do hope that Flash being on all other platforms except for the iPhone will eventually result in a net 'win' for everyone. The more insistent customers are, the more Adobe will be pressured to get their product working on a variety of platforms and hardware reqs, which will hopefully result in an improvement in performance for everyone. Then Apple can say, "Well, now that Adobe's finally improved their product to the point where it won't suck out the battery life and crash the system, we'll implement it."

::sigh:: ...And they'll probably announce free unicorns, too.

The problems with Flash (in my opinion) are multiple, but of the hugest is that it's had virtually no competition, and has perpetuated inefficiency and laziness from Adobe. H.264 support was great, but from an end-user standpoint is basically the only thing I've been able to appreciate over the last few years. The things I hate? How it sucks up CPU usage on Firefox & Safari, and causes Firefox to hang constantly. Where's the streamlining & stability fixes?