View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-12-02, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
That's cool. Even cooler is that you see it as a huge step up from a two-year-old model (Air or otherwise). That's impressive because usually we don't expect much going from machines so close in age.
Yeah, I think it's great that they're letting the Pros be Pro again, rather than Airs with slightly higher spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
I think the notch is going to be in any Apple notebook, going forward. It'll be a "thing", one of their looks, and it'll allow them to get the bezels, and the machine itself, as small as possible.

I don't think they'd do it on a iMac or future standalone display,
Doesn't look like it, yep. They did just redesign the iMac, and it didn't get one. (I really hope they add Center Stage to the next one, though.)

It's interesting that they decided against it on the iPad Pro, but for it on the MacBook Pro. Perhaps something about how the iPad is a device you use in many different orientations, so you want as much symmetry as possible. And, yeah, next year's Air will absolutely have it. No reason not to.