View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-22, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Yeah. People find creative ways to make poor, entirely unnecessary choices. I don't think Tim Cook even hints at "you must get this new one". Obviously, he'll sell it as great (and I think most iPhone releases have been), and there is the somewhat dubious iPhone Upgrade Program. Like, if your friends want the newest stuff each year, maybe they should just get that. Might be a better overall deal.

(The best deal is to not buy things you don't really need.)
Yeah. Unfortunately, nobody seems to do that though. Certainly nobody I know. My mom gets a box from Amazon pretty much every single day.

And my sister and her family, and everyone else I know, are all the same way as well. Everyone. They always make fun of me and my minimalist, frugal "everything I need, nothing I don't" lifestyle. Maybe one day they'll understand it ain't about "stuff"; you ain't taking it with you, after all. And when you have so much/too much, as they all do, you don't even fully enjoy/use it fully in the here and now. They have no idea what they have, after a certain point...they can't possibly use/wear all they've accumulated. And none of them get rid of anything to make room for new stuff, either. That would be unthinkable! So their houses all tend to look like 10 pounds of shit crammed into a 5-pound bag.

"Guys...come on. Really? How can there truly be no place for me to set a drink down?!"

Oh well...that's a whole other thread/discussion someday.

I just can't wait to get a new iPhone soon. Talking about how noticeable things are after just 2-3 years, I can't imagine how a six-year/generation leap (A9 -> A15, 16GB -> 64GB, new battery, nicer camera, etc.) is going to feel.

It'll likely change how I use my phone in some real, day-to-day ways (exploring/using more apps...word games, trivia, etc.) and not having to be so choosey about what I snap/film (and not in such a hurry to offload to my roomier MacBook ASAP). I think I'm looking more forward to the storage increase as much as anything. 16GB in 2021 ain't a lot, and that's with me deleting all the Apple apps I never use (Stocks, etc.) and I only have four third-party ones (myAT&T, Ring, Scrabble and YouTube).

Absolutely pathetic.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-12-22 at 11:59.