View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-02-05, 10:24

It sounds like this thing, along with a new iPad Air, is coming March 8.

Yay!

Also from MacRumors, an overview over what to expect from the new model next month.

My favorite part (and a surprise, taking into account both Apple and how everything else in the world seems to be going, pricing-wise):

Quote:
The 2022 ‌iPhone SE‌ is expected to be priced starting at $399, which is the same asking price as the current 2020 model.
That would be wonderful. That's the price I've assumed/planned on/hoped for all along. Totally fair, completely reasonable. And keeps it $300 away from the lowest-priced flagship model (iPhone 13 mini) so there's plenty of gap/separation. No "well, for just $150 more I could get..." dilemmas. Nobody cares/squawks that a $399 SE has only one camera lens, etc. People aren't looking to this model for the "cutting edge" and high-end features, so Apple should continue pricing it as such. I can swing $399 for what will wind up being a 2-3 year purchase.

PS - Perhaps Applenova can branch off into a separate side forum where it's just me talking about the iPhone SE and Boba Fett/The Mandalorian 27 hours a day? Because that's about what it seems like the joint has become.