View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-02-05, 12:37

That's true. And a great option for many, no doubt. My friend and her partner got the iPhone 11 Pro a year ago for a really good price (Best Buy, I believe).

But for me, and how I buy an iPhone (once every 3-6 years, apparently ) I, personally, would never buy a 1-2 generation old model. I know that sounds so silly, seeing as how I'm using a six-generation old A9 in this original SE. But, when I buy, I do buy whatever the current generation is (original 2007, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, original SE), because I know it's gonna need those "legs" with me.

In a nutshell, I'd much rather have the current processor in an affordable SE vs. a 1-2 generation old flagship/"Cadillac" model for $100-200 more. I'm buying on performance/price...the best for the least.

I would never spend $100-200 more for a 1-2 year old model, but that's just me. YMMV.

And, being completely honest, all I've ever known is the home button iPhone. I'm used to it. I know, at some point, the SE line will transition to the other style, and I'll make the jump then. But I like the SE/home button design, at least for another 2-3 years.