View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-02-08, 11:10

I'll tuck this in here since it's MacBook Pro-related (even if they were to do what I suggest and drop "Pro" from the name of that particular model):

M2-based entry-level MacBook Pro (the 13" model) supposedly coming next month during the same early-March event where the iPhone SE and iPad Air are to be updated.

*shrug*

News to me!

It's a perfect opportunity for them to do right/clear the air/reduce confusion and simply call this $1,299 thing a MacBook. An Air with a fan, but not quite balls-to-the-wall performance (and pricing) of the 14" and 16" Pro models. If they keep the word "Pro" in this, it's just going to look so stupid and needlessly confusing.

Do the right thing here, Apple. I'd even be okay with them calling it something like MacBook Plus, in anticipation of the redesigned Air simply being called "MacBook" at some point in 2022.

So, if this rumor is legit, it looks like that 13" model, whatever it's called, is going to stick around for another cycle.

On a related note (talking about stock RAM and all), when do you think Apple will ever go to 16GB RAM stock, on all machines? Ever? Soon? 3-4 years from now?