Thread: E3 2011
View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-09, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
According to Thisismynext, "It’s very comfortable to hold, with nice contours on the back that seem made for our hands, and it’s lighter than it looks."
Which review are you reading? I just checked thisismynext.com, and not being a regular reader, it looks like they are less enthusiastic:

"As light as the hardware is, the size (10.5 x 6.8 inches) feels overly cumbersome."

Also,

"the lack of multi-touch is pretty disappointing"
"the top triggers are awkward to reach"
"The controller still feels beta to me"

And one item that really bothered me when I saw video and pictures of the controller:

"the right joystick, which itself is more of a multi-direction slider with a smooth top. I didn’t feel like I was battling drones in Ghost Recon Online — more so, I felt like my thumb was fighting the controller to aim where I wanted it to. I’m not sure why these were chosen over other joystick options — the Vita has great sticks, and they don’t stick out obnoxiously at all."

"Paul didn't have as much of a problem as I did, but I found it really hard to grip my thumb on it. Especially irksome during the Ghost Recon demo, trying to aim and fighting by proxy with the multi-directional slider."

"The dual analog sticks aren't the best" (Paul)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.