View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-12, 23:15

Meanwhile, in the top shelf of my costume closet…

Shhh, baby... Soon! Soon... After a mere 11 years of Halloweens come and gone, your time to shine will be here again soon...

I think I'll need to finally make the matching ghost trap as well.

I'm one of the few weirdos on the planet who hasn't watched Stranger Things. Yeah, yeah, I know. I've had Netflix for all these years but just haven't gotten into it. I do get that this trailer totally rips off the feel of that show, but that doesn't bother me. At least I'm thrilled that it's a different and so far seemingly better take on the franchise than the collective shit-stain that was the 2016 adaptation (which still feels like just yesterday). The original movie was such a magical "lightning in a bottle" that I'm glad they aren't trying to recreate it. I don't think anyone could fill the shoes of delivering such clever, dry humor as our boys Ramis and Murray without running the risk of seeming too derivative or a pale imitation (again, cue the 2016 references).

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.