View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-09-06, 14:06

I think the high-speed rail should be discussed regardless. We can do better. I can do better (and want to).

Grey, what blocks are "safe" from Ghasts? We know Cobble is. But anything else?

Edit: Never mind. I found this:

Quote:
The minimum block resistance required to absorb all blast force of the Ghast's fireballs is 20.17, meaning that fences and other blocks with low blast resistance will be destroyed in a fireball explosion. Safe materials that are strong enough to resist a Ghast's fireball include cobblestone, stone, bricks, stone brick, obsidian, Nether brick (including Nether brick fences), iron bars, and iron doors. Netherrack should not be used, as it is easily destroyed by explosions, and fires set on it by Ghast fireballs will not burn out.
…from here.

Ghasts will also destroy rail, so unless we want to be flying off the tracks all the time, I suggest any Nether rail system be protected. However, it would be interesting to build an open-top path system, too. Make the comings and goings a bit more hazardous. You're right that the Nether Hub is a bit humdrum, but I get over that by making regular forays into the uncharted Nether searching out Glowstone and Quartz.

If we go rail, I say we enclose it, but make it more prettier! If we go on foot, I'm thinking open-top all the way.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2014-09-06 at 14:19.