Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2015-04-13, 19:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
But nice for you to also brag how much you spent on the apple watch. Enjoy.
I was afraid we'd see posts like this.

Considering this is a thread for discussing the Apple Watch, I'd hope we could, you know, discuss our Apple Watches, without being accused of bragging. You know, like in any other thread. Is it bragging when an 5K iMac comes out and people post their excitement and impressions? Is it bragging when people ask advice on what options to add to their already-$2,000 MacBook Pro? I spent less on my Apple Watch than I did on my iPhone, and nobody was accusing people of bragging just for talking about their new iPhones last September.

Eugene didn't call attention to how much he spent, or even mention the price; you just knew what he spent from knowing the prices. I don't think he was trying to show off, or shame anybody for being a have-not, or whatever. Jesus.

Anyway, while I'm sure Apple would rather have an infinite supply of watches to sell to walk-ins and people trying them on, in the real world I'm pretty sure the device selling out for months before anyone outside the press even sees it in person falls into the category of "good problems to have."

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong