View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-08-01, 13:12

Yeah, I'll start doing that (although my grocery line escapades have been well-documented here too).

I've never enjoyed the whole post office thing much, but I swear...it seems like the past year or so, it's just gotten sillier and worse with each visit. I don't think I've ever just walked in and quickly made a purchase or sent something. If it's not a huge line of people taking forever, it's a slow or indifferent clerk. Or equipment issues.

A weird thing. This facility I go to, near my house, is quite new and modern (built within the past decade, so we're not talking some run-down, 80-year-old crumbling building and pulley-based, gas-powered machines).

But it is always a complete c.f. I'd go somewhere else, but they're further away and the few times I have been elsewhere, it's pretty much the same. A deadly combination: many (most? I've never really encountered a fast, efficient one) postal employees and the regular schmo mailing a package (or, worse, packages).

I don't even go to the Post Office from mid-November to mid-January...I'll wind up killing someone to death.