Thread: Speaker Advice
View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-05-27, 02:06

Well, yes, the Klipsch ones are awesome. I saw them new at Amazon for about $150 a few days ago. You can also get used ones for $120-$130.

I am also into Yamaha speakers. Something about getting speakers from a music company rather than a computer peripherals company is comforting to me. That's why I avoided the very common choice of going with Logitech. I have a cheap 2.1 Yamaha set (YST-MS201) while my brother has the much larger 2.1 set that cost about $80. Don't remember the model number on that one. They have great sound quality, but I'm no audiophile so I can't really comment much on them.

He said I could buy his set when he got a Logitech z-560. They're not sold at many places, but they're available for under $100 on eBay. Basically, it's a 4.1 version of the z-2200, a 2.1 set. Funny enough, the 4.1 version is significantly cheaper than the 2.1 version. I really want to buy his set, not only for the improved sound quality but also for the headphone jack on the right satellite. I just can't stand being without an easy-access headphone jack, so I'm trying to replace mine (even though I really like them).