Thread: Having Cancer
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-07-16, 15:04

I have a very trusting relationship with my wife so have have power of attorney for each other. We also share the same 1Password account so we have access to all the same sites for each other. Most cases this isn't a problem but cause do we need two Lowes accounts? No, but places like here where we want individual identities we have a login saved with my name and one with her name. This means we have two entries, but if I am gone she can still login and let my friends know.

We also went to the extent to have an Estate Plan drawn up. This doesn't have my password in it and the hope is that my wife and I both not die at the same time (plane crash kind of thing) so the kids will be able to get access if needed.

Really though, an old school Safe deposit box is great for this kind of thing. Put the password in there along with official copies of your death documents and give access limited PoA to the one who needs access with the death cert.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.