View Single Post
¡Damned!

2019-05-21, 12:20

Village(r)s!

All villages are revamped & rebuilt with new structures:

+ new Snowy Tundra villages:

The old villager trading system is thrown out, and so is the way a village is defined. No more door calculation! Villagers now have professions with specific 'job site blocks' they claim ownership to:

Armorer with Blast Furnace, Butcher with Smoker, Cartographer with Cartography Table, Cleric with Brewing Stand, Farmer with Composter, Fisherman with Barrel, Fletcher with Fletching Table,
Leatherworker with Cauldron, Librarian with Lectern, Mason with Stonecutter, Shepherd with Loom, Toolsmith with Smithing Table, Weaponsmith with Grindstone, Nitwit

Kind of like they 'level up' currently, trades depend on a villagers trading experience. It shows the level on their badge:

stone (novice), iron (apprentice), gold (journeyman), emerald (expert), and diamond (master).

These Wandering Trader wierdos show up out of nowhere with their fancy llamas and offer trades. They drink invisibility potion to hide at night and milk at sunrise to reverse the effects:

Also, villagers now have a biome-specific look:

plains, desert, savanna, snowy, taiga, jungle, swamp

Pillagers!

Crossbow-wielding baddies that show up unannounced in Illager Patrols with their Vindicator buddies, sometimes riding the dreaded Ravenger beast. Occasionally you will find them in a Pillager Outpost near a village, plotting a raid:

Kill the outpost captain and you'll carry a curse for days. Enter a village while carrying the curse and the village will be attacked by raiding parties. If raiding pillagers kill all the villagers in a village, the pillagers will celebrate their victory by jumping and laughing.‌

Other Stuff!

A few new mobs:
Cats now found in villages (Ocelots won't turn into cats anymore when tamed)
Foxes now spawn in taiga biomes
Pandas now spawn in the new 'bamboo jungle' biome

Speaking of, bamboo! Primarily used to create scaffolding – a quicker, easier way to climb upwards and over. Break the bottom block and it all comes down:

• 3 new flowers (1 deadly)
• Very nice lanterns and a village bell
• A tasty berry bush
• Slabs, stairs & walls in almost all of the stone and brick flavors
• Campfires for cooking and sending smoke signals
• Signs now come in all 6 wood colors, and you can change the text color with dye!
• Leather horse armor, dyeable of course
• Some other stuff, I'm sure

The new 'profession blocks' will take some getting used to, but I'm excited to have some more useful, specific tools. Current villagers will likely lose their trades (maybe?), so that'll take some starting over. Oh well. Time for a purge down there in the cells anyways.

Small note: Barrels hold the same amount as a chest, and apparently they cut down on lag significantly. I'll be switching over my main storage rooms for sure – and unlike chests they even stack to the ceiling!

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2019-05-21 at 16:45.