View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-03, 17:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I gotta say Brad, these new armor icons are delightful. So.. video game. Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I haven't ventured too far out of my base yet since the transition. Supposedly the barrels are no-lag storage versus the chests which are super-lag (and lag is rough out at 'topia) so I've been tearing out my beautiful, massive storage areas and throwing all of the chest contents into shulker boxes. Then putting those in barrels. Near 2000 chests, if not more. Condensed into, comparatively, shoeboxes.
Hmm! I never thought about checking chest for performance effects.

I do know that item frames are a surprisingly massive performance killer. If you have any map-covered walls or lots of chest-identification frames about, you would do well to trim the excess and use them sparingly. You know how we used to have that giant world map under the Cashout Cove space needle? After the previous last update (a year ago? longer?) that lost us all saved maps, recently I finally went back into that room and popped off all 200-something empty item frames, and my frame rate when walking around in that area more than doubled.

It didn't matter whether they had items, maps, or nothing in them. Just being present was enough to tank performance.

Sadly, Mojang has had this bug open for as many years as item frames have been around, and it just keeps sliding: MC-1138 Item frames cause lag / huge FPS drops when rendered

There are a few other things I've been meaning to test offline with our world to find performance bottlenecks, but that's the only one I've pretty much confirmed.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.