View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-17, 10:27

From day one, a few days ago, I took it as "a spring event, loaded with goodies". Because, as much as I'd like to, I can't think of anything truly "spring-loaded" that Apple would make. The retractor on a new Apple Pencil, maybe? I guess there could be some sort of coiled metal component to something, but just seems too literal/crazy.

The only thing I could think of along those lines would be something related to a new, redesigned iMac's adjustability/screen positioning/raising system. But that sounds like something that could wear out over time and give tech journalists the opportunity to toss around "Spring-gate" for the remainder of 2021. And I don't think we're going to see a redesigned iMac Tuesday anyway, so...

I just think they're going to release a lot of stuff, mostly in the consumer/"regular people" sector (WWDC is for the nerds and Serious Users™)...iPads, watch bands, maybe something AirPod-related (they desperately need something in that $1,000+ space!) or those little tracker tiles, and then an iMac* of some sort. A bunch of sub-$500-1,000 stuff (except for the iMac, and even it will be well under $1,499, I'm guessing). Nothing with the word "pro" in its name. And nothing over $1,299. $1,499 tops.

And I also bet the iPod goes away for good. When the store comes back up Tuesday afternoon, I have a feeling the iPod touch won't be listed under the Music heading anymore. Just a hunch...

*I truly do believe an M1 iMac is coming. But I also truly believe it's not a redesigned, "next-generation" one. Not yet. I think those get unveiled as a pair, this autumn. As they should...next-generation M-stuff, ground-up redesign for both, two new larger sizes (24" and 30"?), a rethinking of port access, some cool new speaker/audio performance, no colors but possibly something different than the silver aluminum used since August 2007, etc. I kinda expect this of all the new, redesigned M1 stuff. I think there will be some new shade that isn't light silver or darker Space Grey, and it will be given a cool name and that will be the default "everything M1-based" housing for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-04-17 at 11:04.