Thread: MC: Currency
View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-04-25, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Well, yeah, except there's no pretense of a real economy either. It's all a free-for-all, anything-goes economy. Barter, gifts, and dark magic all mix around, but that's okay because no one is keeping tabs.
True, and it's honestly been good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'm not arguing against a currency-based economy. I'm only arguing that the turtles and I should stay out of it because we'd be (or be tempted to be) constantly stacking the odds or inflating/deflating the currency's value.
Well, I'm not really looking to argue anything about this either. I may be confrontational at times, but it's only because I want to hear honest thoughts, and sometimes being a cunt is the best way to get people on board. It's my thing.

I'm not sure we're on the same page though. The way I see it is that for either massive amounts of (X), unobtainable (X), or obtainable but too lazy to get (X) we'd pay (something, tbd). I'd expect your gifts and kindness would remain throughout just as they are now, with the rare time you unload a shit-ton of a specific asset on someone (like me, for example) that I'd pay.

Not much different than it is now, really. But if I needed a huge boost I'd be accountable for it.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2011-04-25 at 21:54. Reason: than /= then : fuck you zin