View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2020-09-11, 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
This sounds like a dream come true for me. I preach the "3-2-1 strategy" but I don't actually have an offsite backup of anything in my setup yet. I've been meaning for the longest time to get my process working with Backblaze or B2 or Google Drive or Glacier or… and this is where I fall into analysis paralysis about the various cloud providers and make no progress.

If you don't mind my asking, how much content are you putting into Glacier and Backblaze?
I've got ~300GB in Backblaze and 1.5TB in Glacier. $55/year for Backblaze and ~$9/month for Glacier. Backblaze charges by the computer but doesn't have a data limit.

My NAS is from Synology and it has a built-in Glacier integration. I spun up a Glacier bucket and a new set of IAM creds specific to my NAS, whole thing was up and running in just a couple minutes. It's a two-bay NAS plus it has an eSATA port so it's got plenty of room for expansion.

For the longest time I only had Backblaze. I got the NAS because I needed to offload a lot of my photo library and I figured Glacier was an easy way to keep the NAS backed up.