View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-09-13, 01:09

Then you have DSL likely and won't be able to "replace" their router though you could add one behind it. I have DSL with them too so I have to put my AT&T router into passthrough mode for my router to get the external IP.

Anyway, check to see what connection you have with that router. Click on your  in the upper right, then About This Mac. Then click System Report. Now scroll to the Network section on the left and find Wi-Fi under there and click on it. Look for your wireless SSID/Network name and look for the PHY Mode. It will look like this: PHY Mode: 802.11ac

What are the letters after your 802.11?

You can still get a NAS without having to change the router or get a new one. Even if you are (and I'll be shocked) at 802.11g, you would still be able to access the files on the NAS and even use Time Machine with it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.