View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2009-01-10, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
With Play Asia are the games normally in Japanese? (I'm assuming so, but I've never known/read about anyone getting a game from them). I'm just wondering because I have a hankering to pick up White Knight Chronicles...but I'm total shit at Japanese (I can understand a few basic questions/answers, and that's about it).
Games are normally marked as Asian, or European, or US Version. They are based in Hong Kong actually.
Normally the Asian ones are cheaper. For example the Asian Fallout 3 was about $50 and the US Version was $65.
I got the US one as I didn't want it to have stuff cut out.

You always get a voucher too, which gives you between $5 and $10 off your next purchase.

But even the Asian versions still have English. I think that depends more on your machine setup with most of the big publishers.

My LBP is the Asian one, and it's all in English on my PS3.

The only game where I messed up was F1 Championship Edition. I got the Japanese version which didn't get some of the updates and the menus are in Japanese, but that panned out ok as the commentary is all in Japanese so it's much less repetitive to listen to.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt