View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-05-02, 08:54

The difference between this and arteggio's project is that we are consulting with eachother about placement; he started his work without a care in the world.

It's fine to be a mix of above and below -- there are certain areas that we absolutely will not want an above ground line, and there are areas where we will. Skyway level tracks aren't going to allow you to see shit, tbh, and underground tracks don't have to be ugly or boring particularly if planned well.

As for mine disruption: we have a tool, it's called an x-ray texture pack. That combined with active consultation will make the most of these challenges moot.

I DO NOT think the tracks should be on the skywalk, unless isolated somehow, simply for the fact that collisions with other individuals will stop the trains.

I honestly don't think these lines will be used as much as warping so I do not care. I won't be using them because of the latency/lag on my connection which nullifies the benefit immensely. I will however like to participate in some advanced engineering...

We also need to be honest about where we need stops and plan above/below ground accordingly.