View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-02-22, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz View Post
If I go to Canada on a business trip, rape somebody and kill her and her family, should I be punished by my employer? No. I should be punished by the Canadian authorities.
Except this isn't a "business trip"; it's a political/military strategy.

Quote:
Why should they get special treatment because of who they work for? Why should we shelter them? We sent them over there to protect Iraqis and they did the exact opposite. Let the Iraqis prosecute them.
For one, because the Iraqis don't have a properly functioning government yet, which is the entire reason the US Army is still there to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
If an Iraqi soldier committed a crime in New York, who should try him? The US courts, obviously. The same applies here.
An Iraqi soldier may be in New York as a citizen. If he were there, however, as a soldier on a mission the US and Iraqi governments agree on, then he's there as a representative of the Iraqis, and therefore (at least partially) immune to US laws.

Last edited by chucker : 2007-02-22 at 11:47. Reason: Posts merged