View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-04-20, 09:50

Quote:
I don't really know if you're arguing two years or "5+", but let's take five as a number: the MacBook Pro went Retina in 2012 (new design), the Mac Pro got completely replaced in 2013 (new design), the iMac went Retina (new design), the iMac then went to a wider color gamut, the 2015 MacBook is a completely new design and new piece of hardware, the 2016 MacBook Pro is a new design. Aside from the Mac mini, virtually the entire line-up has seen significant changes in the past half decade.
So with the exception of the Mac Pro which got an actual design change, the only significant change to the entire Apple desktop/notebook line were to increase the screen resolution, and to drop useful ports. How is a screen rez. bump at all significant? That's incremental, expected stuff.

Quote:
the 2015 MacBook is a completely new design and new piece of hardware
It's the exact same design as before, just swapping the function keys for the touch bar, and removing all the regular ports for USB-C and dongles everywhere. That was not a step forward, it was a side-step at best.

Quote:
like Swift, the A-series CPUs and APFS as examples of Apple doing well.
Outside of programming circles Swift is meaningless.

For the A-series, aren't a variety of hardware manufacturers using arm processors in mobile devices? I know Apple has their own special implementation, but that's another 'difference' that basically doesn't register for 95 out of 100 people.

APFS is another improvement that carries little to no weight with the general public. Yay, but what does it matter in a day to day, practical how I use my device sense? It doesn't.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me

Last edited by alcimedes : 2017-04-20 at 11:14.