View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-30, 11:25

Some stores carry those really neat (and realistic) wound and scar makeup kits. Usually not my thing - the gore and all - but for those people into that (or being zombies or zombie victims), you can get some really nice, realistic results. You gross everyone out around you, but I guess that's part of the fun.

I lean toward the more whimsical, lighter side...I like funny or clever costumes. Or really good movie/TV character recreations (especially the homemade type). About 12 years ago, I did the Indiana Jones thing. I had lace-up dark brown work boots, khaki pants, white shirt and a brown leather jacket. I borrowed some strap/bag and a toy gun holster and I actually had a bullwhip that I bought in Mexico some 10 years earlier, sitting in the top of my closet. I got it out, coiled it up nice and round and strapped it to my belt with a clip. The only thing I didn't already have was the fedora, but I was able to borrow one (brown with black band), believe it or not...

Neatest costume I ever had, and it didn't cost a dime! And everyone knew who it was (you put on that hat and have that coiled bullwhip hanging off your hip, there's no getting around it).

Lots of compliments and pic-posing.

Damn, now that I think about it...I've got all those things, except, once again, the fedora. Maybe I can scrounge one up again somehow, and I can do that for tomorrow night...put the rabbit ears on top of the fedora. Bunny Jones.