View Single Post
The Return of the 'nut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-09-04, 16:31

Quote:
There's nothing quite like it and the group's showmanship is outstanding, they put on an absolutely incredible live performance....for $35, whether it be in Giant Stadium or in a basketball arena.
more like 45 dollars and that's only because they can't charge more since they wouldn't come close to selling out then. supply and demand.

Kelly Clarkson plays to arenas. Brittany Spears plays to stadiums. The size of a venue you can play too means shit as far as talent and lasting power.

Quote:
They have a string of hits and their current album is relevant, some would even argue, important.
Their current album has simpleton writing that only is noteworthy because they are "antibush" and on the radio. It doesn't make it great and frankly I find it a bit sad that this is what is considered relevent and important music today. Go back and listen to what music was in the 60s and 70s and how it was relevent to the times and events and there is simply no comparison.

Steve Earle is relevent, not Green Day who did something just to sell records and gain publicity.

Quote:
Longview
Basketcase
Welcome to Paradise
When I Come Around
She
Walking Contradiction
Christie Road
Good Riddance
Nice Guys Finish Last
Walking Alone
On The Wagon
Warning
Waiting
Minority
Castaway
Macy's Day Parade
American Idiot
Jesus of Suburbia
Holiday
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Half does songs are never played on radio and 3/4 of them share the same chord progression.

Quote:
They should have a SE iPod.
They never will

Quote:
Anyone who wears their guitar below their wang and who sings in such an affected "punk" accent makes the needle spike on my Pose-O-Meter™. If Disneyworld had Punk-World, those guys would be the posterboys and house band (with shows at 1, 3, 5 and 7, followed by autographs and photos with the kids).
As usual, you summed them up perfectly