View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-08-31, 13:28

I don't know, Yontsey. It is right after Labor Day, which marks the unofficial end of summer in the States...

I think chances are good. There's rumors that they'll update the $99 3G to an 8GB 3G S, so there already might be some iPhone talk at the event. (And why not? The iPhone line-up was adjusted at the 2007 iPod event, as well.)

Hmm? What's this?

Intel is planning on launching new processors on September 8? Interesting.

Apple's launched an iMac at their fall iPod event before (2005), and I could see them doing it again, especially if the new iMacs had some media-related features, like that newfangled "Blu-ray" apparatus I keep on hearing about. (The 2005 iMacs introduced the Apple Remote and Front Row.)

It appears to be mainly desktop processors on the slate, which have too high a GDP to appear in any of Apple's desktops (save the Mac Pro workstation). But according to Wikipedia, the first batch of mobile Nehalems (the Core i7) should be coming in late September, as well. The mobile Core i7 (Clarksfield, to its friends) would still run too hot in a MacBook but it matches the TDP of processors Apple's used in the iMac before...hmm...

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong