View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-11-19, 13:41

I need to run a piece of software called Room EQ Wizard which requires better audio capabilities than what I have built into my PowerBook. I've heard reports that REW works well with various USB soundcards on Windows, so I'm wondering what similar devices work well on the Mac? All I need is basic line-level input/output.

From the help file:
Quote:
A soundcard (internal or USB external) which supports full duplex operation (simultaneous replay and recording) with line inputs and outputs. Inexpensive soundcards are typically adequate, a reference measurement is used to remove the soundcard's frequency response from the measurement. Examples of USB soundcards which have been found to work well are the Soundblaster MP3+, Soundblaster Live! 24-bit USB External and the M-Audio MobilePre-USB. Note that microphone inputs are NOT suitable and should not be used.
Has anyone used the Soundblaster Live with the Mac? Is that what I'm looking for? REW is a Java application which uses Core Audio for its input and the Java Sound Engine for output, FWIW.