View Single Post
chromos

2007-08-12, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple007 View Post

FEATURE REQUEST - MESSAGE WAITING INDICATORS ON UNLOCK SCREEN -- I like that the Unlock screen tells me if I missed any calls or text messages but I don't like that I need to unlock the screen to see if any emails are waiting. I would like to see a simple 3-icon message-waiting status bar added to the Unlock screen so I can see, without unlocking the phone, if I have missed any calls (Phone), text messages (Text) or emails (Mail). (Obviously, Phone, Text and Mail are the only three apps/icons that might have messages waiting and need attention.)
I'd have to disagree with you on this one. What makes the iPhone's implementation so great is that they do away with icons in favor of text. Thus, not only do you know that you missed a call/sms/voicemail, but from whom, and in the case of sms, even a snippet of the text itself.

You know that you can have the phone alert you when you get new email right? (Settings > Sounds > New Email). I turned off that one early, so I forget if it persists an indicator on the screen, e.g., even if the phone is muted.