View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-01-15, 21:38

Well, to put things in perspective about what it does with the map generation:
Code:
20170115_203323 2 hours, 53 minutes and 15 seconds elapsed.
That is with zero blocks changed and no activity on the server. It takes that long to verify all the map chunks *without* any changes.

To be clear on my part, I don't care about the current size of the world. I get the fun of exploring and don't mind in the least.

It is the computer that does the work and it can handle it. I really don't want it growing larger with the current map generation interval of every 6 hours. If I move to twice or even once a day it will be fine to have a huge world. The other issue is the storage on the location machine. As it is, I'm going to knock down the number of local saves on the VM to stop the flood of email for the disk space alerts. This can pose issues if we have to restore for any reason, but only an inconvenience rather than prevent restoring.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.